Sunday 31 May 2009

A trio of small things

The first thing I have made is a knitting needle case. I have already made one of these for myself, this one is for my knitting chum. There are many knitting needle cases around but most of them are a roll design. This is like a giant pencil case, 18" long. The fabric is designed by Heather Bailey.

You can see the lining in this picture:

I made this clutch bag to use on my wedding day and its just big enough for my lipstick and compact. I bought the pattern from etsy. Michelle also has  a fantastic blog. 
I am going to make one for my bridesmaid to match her dress. I first saw this pattern being used on this lovely blog.
This little hat demonstrates my new hobby: knitting! I have made it for a work colleague who is expecting her first baby soon. The pattern is by Debbie Bliss using Baby Cashmerino wool. She doesn't know (or isn't telling) the sex of the baby so I chose this soft green and white as it would look lovely on a boy or girl.

I am still working on my second summer top. The body is finished but the cowl neck thingy still needs some tweaking to get it right.


No comments: